- Named after Jada Rowlands (As the World Turns; The Doctors), her mom's favorite soap actress.
- Rap-music legend Tupac Shakur was a high-school classmate and friend; they once made an amateur video in which she danced and he lip-synched to DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince's "Parents Just Don't Understand."
- Runner-up in Hal Jackson's Talented Teens International contest in 1988.
- First met future husband Will Smith in 1990 when she auditioned for a role on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
- Lead singer for the rock/metal band Wicked Wisdom, which opened for Britney Spears' Onyx Hotel Tour in 2004 and performed on the Ozzfest tour in 2005. The group released its first CD in 2006.
- A supporter of Barack Obama's 2008 presidential campaign, she and her husband hosted the Nobel Peace Prize Concert in Oslo when Obama won the award in 2009.
- In 2010, won an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series for Hawthorne.
- 2010, Tony — Musical: Nominee
- Walter Brown — Stepfather
- Willow Smith — Daughter
- Paul Jones — Stepfather
- Willard 'Trey' Smith III — Stepson
- Adrienne Banfield — Mother
- Grant Hill — Ex-significant Other
- Jaden Smith — Son
- Robson Pinkett Jr. — Father
- Will Smith — Husband
- Attended North Carolina School of the Arts, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. How black-ish's Powerful Colorism Episode Nearly Tore the Johnsons Apart
- 2. Lana Condor Steals the Show in Deadly Class
- 3. Supernatural Midseason Trailer: Michael Declares 'Even God Can Die'
- 4. The Roswell, New Mexico Stars Played 'Guess That Alien', and They Were Honestly Stellar
- 5. Sex Education Is the Most Honest Coming-of-Age TV Show We've Seen in Forever
- 6. The 25 Best Ships Ever on Freeform
- 7. Game of Thrones' Bosses Wish There Were No Trailers for Season 8