- Named after the Scottish island of Islay.
- Raised in Australia.
- First acting job was being an extra in a lottery advertisement.
- Attended Ecole Jacques Lecoq, a prestigious acting school in Paris.
- Published two novels at the age of 18, Seduced by Fame and Bewitched.
- Secretly wed longtime love Sacha Baron Cohen in an intimate ceremony in Paris on March 15, 2010.
- Powerhouse producer Jerry Bruckheimer has called her "the next Lucille Ball."
- Headlined her first film playing Rebecca Bloomwood in Confessions of a Shopaholic in 2009.
- Feared she would drown when an underwater stunt went wrong on the set of 2013's Now You See Me.
- 2013, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- 2013, AACTA Awards — Best Supporting Actress: Nominee
- Olive — Daughter
- Anthony de Rothschild — Ex-significant Other
- Daniel Fisher — Brother
- Darren Day — Ex-fiancé
- Montgomery Moses Brian Baron Cohen — Son
- Elula Lottie Miriam — Daughter
- Edwards Fisher — Brother
- Brian Fisher — Father
- Sacha Baron Cohen — Husband
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. HBO Is Bringing Back Perry Mason, and This Time He F*cks
- 2. We Need to Talk About That OA: Part II Ending
- 3. The Conners Is Coming Back for Season 2
- 4. Everything I Learned About Sex, I Learned From Black '90s Sitcoms
- 5. The Sex in Now Apocalypse Is Concerned with Liberation, Not Labels
- 6. Stranger Things Is a Stealth Blueprint for Successfully Navigating Puberty
- 7. The Week in Superlatives: Sexiest Scene Stealer, the Real-Life Survivor, and the Scene That Made Us Weep with Joy