- Was accidentally born in Queens, New York when his pregnant mother traveled from her home in the Dominican Republic to visit family, but complications led to his early birth in the U.S.
- Moved from Queens to the Dominican Republic at the age of 2 months old.
- Began pursuing acting as a career after graduating from college with a degree in marketing.
- Had his first professional acting jobs on Dominican television series, including Grandes Series Dominicanas, En La Olla and Trio en Alta Mar.
- Made his stage debut as Mauricio in a production of Pantallas at Santo Domingo's Great National Theatre.
- Moved to New York in hopes of furthering his career and began participating in workshops at the Actors Studio and the Gene Frankel Theatre.
- Played Ramfis Trujillo in a production of Feast of the Goat at Repertorio Español in New York in 2003.
- Has been featured in television commercials for Bank of America and Old Navy.
- 2008, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series: Nominee
- Jesse Madera — Wife
- Luis Madera — Father
- Gisele Madera — Mother
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. How to Watch Game of Thrones Season 8: What Time, Channel, and More
- 2. Game of Thrones Season 8: When to Watch
- 3. The Walking Dead Finally Explained What's Up with Michonne and Daryl's Scars
- 4. Aaron Paul Won't Say If He's Starring in the Breaking Bad Movie
- 5. The Best Anime Shows to Stream on Netflix Right Now
- 6. The Blacklist Conspiracy Reaches the White House
- 7. American Gods Renewed for Season 3, Gets a New Showrunner (Again)