- As a child, she was convinced she would grow up to be a long jumper, and aspired to be the first female soccer manager of Aston Villa Football Club.
- Worked as an assistant to a florist for her first job.
- Won the Ian Fleming Award to study musical theatre at the Royal Academy of Music in London.
- Worked as a backing singer for Elton John, performing at Wembley Arena and the Royal Albert Hall.
- Part of the cast of the original 2004 West End production of Andrew Lloyd Webber's Woman in White.
- Met her husband, Oliver Boot, on the set of the BBC drama series Hotel Babylon. However, they didn't begin a relationship for several years.
- Oliver Boot — Husband
- Birmingham School of Acting, Birmingham, England (2003); Royal Academy of Music, London, England
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Will How to Get Away with Murder Return for Season 6? Showrunner Pete Nowalk Sounds Off
- 2. The Act Review: It's Sick and Suspenseful… but Missing a Point
- 3. How Roswell Changed Shiri Appleby's Life as an Actress and a Director
- 4. The Inventor Review: Theranos Doc Doesn't Draw Enough Blood
- 5. Lauren Graham Might Be Coming to The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel for a Gilmore Girls Reunion
- 6. A Gossip Girl Alum and a Workaholics Star Will Play Bow's Parents in black-ish's Flashback Episode
- 7. Natasha Lyonne Falls in Love in This Hilarious Documentary Now! Sneak Peek