- Made her Broadway debut in 1925 at age 16.
- As Harriet Hilliard, she was a big-band singer in the 1930s.
- Was responsible for set design and the family wardrobe on the TV series The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet.
- Was once voted Woman of the Year by the Los Angeles Times.
- In 1989, guest-starred on an episode of The Father Dowling Mysteries, which costarred her granddaughter, Tracy Nelson.
- She and husband, Ozzie, are pictured on a 2009 commemorative postage stamp honoring their TV series.
- Ricky Nelson — Son
- Ozzie Nelson — Husband
- David Nelson — Son
- Roy Hilliard Snyder — Father
- Hazel Dell McNutt — Mother