- Youngest of eight children
- Made his Major League debut with Seattle in September of 1983.
- Was named an All-Star in 1987 and '88.
- Was ESPN's lead analyst from 1996 to 2006. Fired in 2006 over reported case of sexual harassment. Sued ESPN, and settled in 2008.
- Has worked for MLB.com; SportsNet New York; TBS; and MLB Network.
- Won a Sports Emmy in 2003 for his work on Baseball Tonight on ESPN.
- Kelley Reynolds — Wife
- Sophia Reynolds — Daughter
- Attended San Diego State University, San Diego, California, United States; attended Canada College, Redwood City, California, United States