Ben Cartwright and his three sons (by three wives) ride herd over the sprawling Ponderosa spread in 1860s Nevada in one of the most handsomely mounted and beloved series of all time. The first TV Western to be shown in color, it ran for 14 seasons; was the top-rated show for three of them (1964-65, '65-66 and '66-67); had a number of first-rank directors (including Robert Altman) work on some episodes; and inspired several `Bonanza' TV-movies (none especially distinctive).
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Emmys 2019: How to Watch Live and Online
- 2. Fear the Walking Dead Recap: What Happened to the Old Salazar?
- 3. This Beyoncé TV Special Will Make Up for the Emmys Snub, BeyHive
- 4. Everything We Know About the 2019 Primetime Emmy Awards
- 5. Creative Arts Emmys 2019: Complete Winners List
- 6. Rest Easy, Friends Fans, A Reboot Is Never Happening
- 7. I Watched All of Netflix's Abysmally Bad The I-Land So You Don't Have To