A cutup both in and out of the kitchen, this comedic chef combined his two great loves — performing and food — to star in television programs such as Ham on the Street, The Secret Life of..., and Ultimate Cake Off. Born and raised in Venezuela, Duran came to the U.S. to attend New York University, where he studied TV and radio production and hosted a popular college radio show. After graduating, he continued working in local radio, then briefly in television before changing the direction of his life by attending culinary school in Paris. In France he landed his first cooking show, the award-winning Pop Cuisine, before returning stateside. In addition to his series television work, Duran is the author of a cookbook, Take This Dish and Twist It (2008) and was named a spokesperson for Hunt's tomatoes in 2009.
- Went to high school with American Idol season 4 finalist Constantine Maroulis.
- While a student at NYU, he won an award for Best Radio Talk Show from the National Association of College Broadcasters in 1996.
- Hosted Pop Cuisine, which aired on France's culinary network Cuisine TV and was nominated for a French Emmy for Best Cable Show.
- In 2000, worked in production on MTV's popular House of Style.
- Wrote for the French edition of FHM Magazine.
- Is fluent in English, Spanish, French and Armenian.
- Was named a spokesperson for Hunt's tomatoes in 2009.
- Zovig Guldalian — Mother
- Talar Guldalian — Sister
- Raffi Guldalian — Brother
- Krikor Guldalian — Father
- New York University, New York, New York, United States (BA in Communication Studies, 1997); Ecole Superieure de Cuisine Francaise, Paris, France (2004)