- Studied ballet from the age of 10 through 17 at the Art's Educational theatrical school.
- Originated the role of Victoria in the London production of Andrew Lloyd Weber's beloved musical Cats.
- First major big-screen role came as John Travolta's love interest in the 1983 Saturday Night Fever sequel Staying Alive.
- Appeared as the character Anna Devane on long-running ABC soap operas All My Children and General Hospital, and also portrayed the character's twin sister, Dr. Alexandra Devane.
- Won a Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series in 1991 for her work on General Hospital, and was nominated for the same award in 1990, 2000 and 2002.
- Created a jewelry line for home shopping network QVC in 2005.
- Coauthored, with Digby Diehl, the book Soapsuds: A Novel (2006), a fictionalized look at the behind-the-scenes world of soaps.
- Supports the Art of Elysium, a non-profit organization that provides artistic workshops for seriously ill children.
- Sadie Beatrice Young — Daughter
- Dylan Joseph Young — Son
- Russell Young — Husband
- Cash Justice Young — Son
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Let's Talk About Sex on TV, Baby
Sex Ed Week explores the ways TV is pushing boundaries forward – and the ways it still lets us down
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Angry Red Keeps Things Interesting on The Blacklist
- 2. One Chicago Is Losing Three of Its Stars, Including Jon Seda
- 3. Bellamy and Echo Will Be a 'Great Unit' in The 100 Season 6
- 4. Station 19 Just Tried to Pull a This Is Us with Chief Ripley
- 5. Grey's Anatomy: Jo's Downward Spiral Is Going to Ruin Her Life
- 6. All the Easter Eggs You Missed From The Twilight Zone, Legacies, Game of Thrones, and More
- 7. Everything We Know About The Handmaid's Tale Season 3 So Far