- Played Renton in the stage version of Trainspotting in 1995; his breakthrough role was Spud in Danny Boyle's film adaptation a year later.
- Worked six weeks in a Manhattan psychiatric hospital before taking on the part of a schizophrenic in Harmony Korine's Julien Donkey-Boy (1999).
- Met Marcia Rose, the mother of his daughter, Harmony (who is named for Julien's director), on the set of the short film Skin.
- Has appeared in a mix of low-budget indies such as Julien and The Zero Sum (2005) and big-budget actioners like Pearl Harbor and Black Hawk Down (both 2001).
- 2004, Robert Awards — Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- Marcia Rose — Significant Other
- Harmony — Daughter
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. How to Get Away with Murder Is About to Answer All Your Gabriel Maddox Questions
- 2. You Can Now Slow Jam to How I Met Your Mother's 'You Just Got Slapped' Thanks to Spotify
- 3. Ellen Pompeo Might Just Stay on Grey's Anatomy Forever
- 4. SMILF's Frankie Shaw Addresses Misconduct Allegations on Today
- 5. Steve Carell Reunites with The Office Creator for a Trump-Inspired Space Force Comedy
- 6. Oliver Is Going Legit in Arrow's Midseason Premiere Trailer
- 7. Now We Know How Jeffrey Dean Morgan's John Winchester Will Return to Supernatural