- English nickname is Geno.
- Drafted second by the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2004 behind Alexander Ovechkin.
- Youngest player on Russia's 2006 Olympic team.
- Signed a two-year deal with his club in Russia, then, while at the airport for a team function, secretly left to come to America.
- Became the first rookie to score at least one goal in his first six games.
- Won the Calder Memorial Trophy in 2007.
- Won the Stanley Cup with the Pittsburgh Penguins in 2009.
- Tore his two ligaments in his knee in February 2011 and missed the rest of the season.
- Opened a restaurant in Russia, VIP Zone, modeled after a maximum-security prison with barred windows, aluminum forks and waitresses in striped suits.
- Vladimir Malkin — Father
- Natalia Malkin — Mother
- Denis Malkin — Brother
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Rest Easy, Friends Fans, A Reboot Is Never Happening
- 2. I Watched All of Netflix's Abysmally Bad The I-Land So You Don't Have To
- 3. James Spader Reveals What Made Him Decide to Do The Blacklist
- 4. First Teaser for Supernatural's Final Season Marks The Woman in White's Return
- 5. Felicity Huffman Sentenced to Two Weeks in Jail For College Cheating Scandal
- 6. Lupita Nyong'o and Danai Gurira's Americanah Is Headed to HBO Max
- 7. New Watchmen Trailer Is Confusing as Hell But It Still Looks Awesome