- One of 18 siblings; she and the elder children were born in the Bahamas, and the rest of the brood (including sister Esther Rolle) was born after the family moved to Florida.
- Worked for the New York City public school district before becoming an actor.
- Studied with the American Negro Theatre in Harlem, N.Y.
- Made her Broadway debut in the play Our Lan' in 1947.
- Elizabeth Rolle — Mother
- Marsha — Daughter
- Esther Rolle — Sister
- Walter Evans — Husband
- Rosanna Carter — Sister
- Charles Evans — Son
- Jonathan Rolle — Father
- Attended Talladega College, Talladega, Alabama, United States; City University of New York, Hunter College, New York, New York, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Did True Detective Just Reveal The Season 3 Killer?
- 2. Baywatch on Amazon Prime Will Heat Up Your Winter
- 3. Here's What to Stream Before Gillian Anderson Arrives on The Crown
- 4. Pete Davidson Returns to SNL to Talk a Bit About Mental Health but Mostly The Mule
- 5. Saturday Night Live Spoofs the Shutdown with Deal or No Deal Parody
- 6. At Long Last, the American Gods Season 2 Trailer Is Here
- 7. Happy Super Blood Wolf Moon! Here's a Ranking of the Best TV Werewolves