The annual event in Las Vegas lures thousands of colorful characters seeking poker's holy grail, the lucrative WSOP main-event title. A small, in-table camera to show each player's hole cards revolutionized coverage of the World Series, which saw dramatic ratings increases when online qualifier Chris Moneymaker won in 2003. An explosion in the game's popularity followed as celebrities and amateurs swelled the size of the WSOP field, with the purse and television coverage following suit.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Evil Recap: David's Father Has an Unsettling Connection to the Mystery of 'the 60'
- 2. Supernatural Resurrected an Old Foe to Stir Up Trouble for Sam and Dean
- 3. Legacies Boss Breaks Down That Major Vardemus Twist
- 4. Grey's Anatomy's 350th Episode Was an Emotional Trip Down Memory Lane
- 5. The Good Place Reveals Who Won the Experiment
- 6. Legacies' Kaylee Bryant Talks Kai Parker's Return in Season 2
- 7. CBS Defends Survivor Producers After Backlash Over Sexual Harassment