Ben Cartwright and his three sons (by three wives) ride herd over the sprawling Ponderosa spread in 1860s Nevada in one of the most handsomely mounted and beloved series of all time. The first TV Western to be shown in color, it ran for 14 seasons; was the top-rated show for three of them (1964-65, '65-66 and '66-67); had a number of first-rank directors (including Robert Altman) work on some episodes; and inspired several `Bonanza' TV-movies (none especially distinctive).
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Fear the Walking Dead Just Aired the Most Important Dwight and Morgan Episode Yet
- 2. Mindhunter : Is Bill's Son a Murderer in the Making?
- 3. Marcel, the Friends Monkey, Is Still A Bigger Star than Joey Tribbiani
- 4. How Michael Kelly Was Able to Finally Say Goodbye to House of Cards' Doug Stamper
- 5. Peter Fonda, Star of Easy Rider, Dead at 79
- 6. Here's What's Coming to Amazon in September
- 7. How To Watch the 2019 Emmy Nominated Shows Without A Cable Subscription