- Born in a suburb of London, but moved to Canada and was educated in San Francisco.
- Has stated that he first got the acting bug after being in a Nativity play when he was 5 years old.
- Has acted in regional theater across the U.S.
- Made his Broadway debut in 1982 in Master Harold...and the Boys.
- While he often plays a bad guy in many of his film roles (Clockers, Get Shorty, Feeling Minnesota), he was cast as an angel in 1997's A Life Less Ordinary.
- 1988, Tony — Actor (Featured Role--Play): Nominee
- 1999, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 1995, Screen Actors Guild Awards — Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture: Nominee
- 2017, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Damiri — Son
- Neshormeh Lindo — Wife
- American Conservatory Theatre, San Francisco, California, United States (1979)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Schitt's Creek Season 5 Is Moira's Moment, Peasants
- 2. The Masked Singer: The Deer Is Unmasked, Revealing a Hall of Famer
- 3. Vikings Just Revealed Where Lagertha Has Been, and It Is Seriously Bleak
- 4. Black Monday: You've Never Seen Wall Street This Funny (or Black)
- 5. 5 Reasons Not to Freak Out Over Riverdale's Latest WTF Cliffhanger
- 6. What to Stream the Weekend of Jan. 18
- 7. Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Is the Best the Show Has Ever Been