- Began singing with his family in church as a child.
- If he weren't a singer, he claims he'd like to be a motivational speaker.
- His wife, Sophia, died from complications of heart surgery just four weeks before he auditioned for American Idol.
- Is the president and founder of the non-profit organization Sophia's Heart Foundation.
- Leyicet Peralta — Wife
- Gina — Sister
- Tracey — Sister
- Charles Gokey — Father
- Angela — Sister
- Janell — Sister
- Daniel Emanuel Gokey — Son
- Charles Gokey — Brother
- Sophia Martinez — Wife (deceased)
- 1. The Most Popular Show of 2018 Isn't Even on Anymore
- 2. Where to Stream Penny Marshall's Best Movies and TV Shows
- 3. All the TV Marathons Airing on Christmas
- 4. There's a Queer as Folk Reboot in the Works at Bravo
- 5. Penny Marshall, Prolific Actress and Director, Dead at 75
- 6. George Takei Is Headed to AMC's The Terror
- 7. NBC Sets Premiere Dates for John Legend's Season of The Voice and Much More