- Broke into television at the age of 15 when a production manager for the British series Byker Grove noticed him in a shoe store. The encounter led to three appearances on the long-running show.
- Moved to Los Angeles in 1999 and soon landed a role in Young Americans, a short-lived Dawson's Creek spin-off.
- Learned how to ride a motorcycle for his role in Children of Men.
- Had been previously cast in two uncompleted film projects with Sons of Anarchy costar Tommy Flanagan.
- Participated with the rest of the Sons of Anarchy cast in the 2008 Love Ride, a motorcycle event that benefits several California charities.
- Wrote a screenplay based on the life of Vlad the Impaler, the inspiration for Bram Stoker's Dracula.
- 2015, Critics' Choice Television Awards — Best Actor in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Katharine Towne — Ex-wife
- Morgana McNelis — Significant Other
- 1. Nina Dobrev Is Too Busy to Be on Legacies, but She Loves That You Love It
- 2. Put Some Respect on Chris Tucker's Name
- 3. Where All the People from Netflix's The Innocent Man Are Now
- 4. A Plea to Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 2: More Witchcraft, Less Romance
- 5. Rufus Lives in the Timeless Series Finale Trailer!
- 6. 4 Theories about the Gargoyle King on Riverdale That Sound Pretty Legit
- 7. 23 Easter Eggs in the Arrowverse 'Elseworlds' Crossover You May Have Missed