Recurring parts on Gilmore Girls and Dawson's Creek earned this former model a bevy of young fans. But it wasn't until Murray took on the role of brooding Lucas Scott on the prime-time teen soap One Tree Hill that he became a star. On the big screen, the blond heartthrob played Prince Charming to teen queens Lindsay Lohan (Freaky Friday) and Hilary Duff (A Cinderella Story) but off screen he courted and married his One Tree Hill love interest Sophia Bush in April 2005. Although the union didn't even last the year, the estranged spouses continued their on-screen romance as they filed real-life divorce papers. To make matters on set even more dramatic, Murray got engaged to 18-year-old One Tree Hill extra Kenzie Dalton in April 2006, many months before his divorce became finalized. Murray and Bush's characters eventually followed their real-life counterparts and also broke up, and Murray took on some new roles behind the scenes: He wrote an episode of One Tree Hill, and then he followed that up by directing an episode. However, contract negotiations concerning salary issues did not go well in 2009, and Murray left the show on which he received top billing at the end of One Tree Hill's sixth season, deciding to pursue other projects.
- Had small intestine removed after a serious football injury in high school; it was one of his nurses who suggested he go into modeling.
- First job was delivering newspapers; also worked as a janitor.
- Worked as a model in campaigns for Tommy Hilfiger, Gucci and Sketchers.
- Had nose broken during an attack at a fast-food restaurant in Panama.
- Is a big lover of dogs.
- Named by TV GUIDE one of TV's Sexiest Men in 2005.
- On his last season of One Tree Hill, he wrote one episode and directed another.
- Left One Tree Hill after the show's sixth season because contract negotiations over salary issues fell apart.
- Sophia Bush — Ex-wife
- Brandon Murray — Brother
- Kenzie Dalton — Ex-fiancée
- Rex Murray — Brother
- Rex Murray — Father
- Shannon Murray — Sister
- Sarah Roemer — Wife