Ben Cartwright and his three sons (by three wives) ride herd over the sprawling Ponderosa spread in 1860s Nevada in one of the most handsomely mounted and beloved series of all time. The first TV Western to be shown in color, it ran for 14 seasons; was the top-rated show for three of them (1964-65, '65-66 and '66-67); had a number of first-rank directors (including Robert Altman) work on some episodes; and inspired several `Bonanza' TV-movies (none especially distinctive).
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Stephen Amell's First Post-Arrow Gig Is a Wrestling Drama
- 2. The Boy Meets World Cast Had the Best Reunion With Mr. Feeny
- 3. Ben Platt Has Big Ambitions in First Trailer for Ryan Murphy's The Politician
- 4. Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon Feud in First The Morning Show Trailer
- 5. Giancarlo Esposito Reveals His Serendipitous Link to That Incredible Better Call Saul Monologue
- 6. Fear the Walking Dead Just Aired the Most Important Dwight and Morgan Episode Yet
- 7. Mindhunter : Is Bill's Son a Murderer in the Making?