- Entered Miss Black America pageants as a teen, and as Miss Brooklyn eventually won first runner-up in the Miss New York State contest.
- Auditioned for role of Thelma Evans on the CBS comedy series Good Times while still in college. Won the part and made her TV-series debut when it premiered in 1974.
- In the late 1990s, appeared in a hip-hop music video for Camp Lo with former Good Times costar Jimmie Walker.
- Produced several plays, including Whatever Happened to Black Love.
- In 2006 released first book, Situations 101: Relationships The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.
- Dior Ravel — Daughter
- Brittany Rose — Daughter
- Kevin Fontana — Husband
- Thomas Fauntleroy — Ex-husband
- Eula Stanislaus — Mother
- Attended The Juilliard School, New York, New York, United States
- 1. Legacies Finally Revealed What Became of Klaus After He Died on The Originals
- 2. James Corden Is Giving Us All Cardi B Carpool Karaoke for Christmas
- 3. The Best New Shows and Movies on Netflix This Week - Roma, Bruce Springsteen
- 4. Eliza Dushku Was Written Off Bull After Accusing Michael Weatherly of Sexual Harassment
- 5. Kit Harington Met Another Famous Dragon in the Game of Thrones Crossover We Didn't Know We Needed
- 6. Alias' Jennifer Garner and J.J. Abrams Are Reuniting for an Apple Series
- 7. Grey's Anatomy: Here's Our Best Guess for Who Jennifer Grey Will Play in Season 15