- Entered Miss Black America pageants as a teen, and as Miss Brooklyn eventually won first runner-up in the Miss New York State contest.
- Auditioned for role of Thelma Evans on the CBS comedy series Good Times while still in college. Won the part and made her TV-series debut when it premiered in 1974.
- In the late 1990s, appeared in a hip-hop music video for Camp Lo with former Good Times costar Jimmie Walker.
- Produced several plays, including Whatever Happened to Black Love.
- In 2006 released first book, Situations 101: Relationships The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.
- Dior Ravel — Daughter
- Thomas Fauntleroy — Ex-husband
- Eula Stanislaus — Mother
- Kevin Fontana — Husband
- Brittany Rose — Daughter
- Attended The Juilliard School, New York, New York, United States
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Marvel's Moon Knight Series for Disney Plus: Everything to Know
- 2. Marvel Disney Plus Shows: Premiere Dates, Teasers, and Everything to Know
- 3. The New Season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars Has a Premiere Date on Disney Plus
- 4. At Long Last, Disney Plus Reveals the First Trailer for The Mandalorian
- 5. Star Wars Obi-Wan Series With Ewan McGregor Coming to Disney Plus
- 6. Disney Plus Debuts the First Live-Action Lady and the Tramp Trailer
- 7. Thor's Kat Dennings Returning to Marvel in WandaVision on Disney Plus