This gritty, acclaimed crime drama from Steven Bochco elevated the genre and altered the boundaries of what network censors would allow. The series initially caused controversy with its frank language, realistic violence and nudity, but it became a critical darling, garnering 27 Emmy nominations in its first year alone. There were many awards (and cast changes) through the years, but Andy Sipowicz remained its haunted soul for the show's unforgettable 12-year run.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. GLOW Renewed for Fourth and Final Season at Netflix
- 2. Who Will Win Big Brother 21 – and Who Should Win?
- 3. Emmys 2019: How to Watch, Who's Nominated, And Everything Else to Know
- 4. The Crown Season 3 Teaser Introduces Olivia Colman's Queen
- 5. The Week in Superlatives: Best Firsts, Most Vicious Memes, and the Gratuitous Abs Display
- 6. Prodigal Son Review: Tom Payne and Michael Sheen Ham Up This Serial Killer Thriller
- 7. Simone Missick on Why Her All Rise Role Is a Political Statement