- Grew up in the Sea Gate community, located at the western end of the Coney Island boardwalk.
- Childhood aspirations included playing catcher for the New York Mets and becoming a doctor.
- Performed in school plays from kindergarten through college, and starred in Binghamton University productions of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead and I Hate Hamlet.
- Played junior varsity basketball and varsity baseball and soccer in college.
- First paid acting job was a corporate training CD-ROM; subsequently appeared in commercials for Dr. Pepper, State Farm, Burger King and AT&T, among others.
- Made his feature debut in the 2004 indie comedy Dorian Blues.
- Landed his first series-regular role on the CW drama Life Unexpected.
- Arthur Basis — Father
- Shari Basis — Mother
- Jeremy Basis — Brother
- Binghamton University, Vestal, New York, United States (BA in Theater); Actors Studio Drama School, New York, New York, United States (MFA in Acting)
- 1. Freeform Pokes Fun at Shadowhunters Fans for Trying to Save the Show
- 2. Matt Damon's Saturday Night Live Monologue Was a Heartfelt Toast to His Family
- 3. Chris Klein Deserves Our Attention Again
- 4. Donald Trump Apparently Did Not Like Saturday Night Live's Cold Open This Week
- 5. Pete Davidson Surfaces on Saturday Night Live After Scary Instagram Post
- 6. Nina Dobrev Is Too Busy to Be on Legacies, but She Loves That You Love It
- 7. Put Some Respect on Chris Tucker's Name