Ben Cartwright and his three sons (by three wives) ride herd over the sprawling Ponderosa spread in 1860s Nevada in one of the most handsomely mounted and beloved series of all time. The first TV Western to be shown in color, it ran for 14 seasons; was the top-rated show for three of them (1964-65, '65-66 and '66-67); had a number of first-rank directors (including Robert Altman) work on some episodes; and inspired several `Bonanza' TV-movies (none especially distinctive).
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Bette and Shane Share a Tender Moment in The L Word: Generation Q Trailer
- 2. Michonne Looks Fierce in Poster for Danai Gurira's Final The Walking Dead Season
- 3. A Gilmore Girls Alum Is Heading to The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 3
- 4. Sean Spicer Addresses Dancing With the Stars Backlash
- 5. Stephan James and Hong Chau to Return for Homecoming Season 2
- 6. Bethenny Frankel Is Leaving Real Housewives, So What Even Is the Point Anymore?
- 7. Netflix's 2019 Originals: A Complete Guide