- Credits his mother and grandmother for inspiring his interest in the culinary arts.
- Is a motorcycle enthusiast.
- Started out as a cinematographer and director of videos and commercials; was the director of photography on the music video for REM's "The One I Love."
- Switched careers when he noticed a dearth of quality cooking shows on TV.
- His first book, I'm Just Here for the Food, won the 2003 James Beard Award.
- His signature show, Good Eats, won him a coveted Peabody Award in 2007 for excellence in broadcast news, education and entertainment.
- Is a licensed pilot.
- DeAnna Brown — Ex-wife
- Zoey Brown — Daughter
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, United States (1986); New England Culinary Institute, Montpelier, Vermont, United States (1997)
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Everything We Know About the 2019 Primetime Emmy Awards
- 2. Creative Arts Emmys 2019: Complete Winners List
- 3. Rest Easy, Friends Fans, A Reboot Is Never Happening
- 4. I Watched All of Netflix's Abysmally Bad The I-Land So You Don't Have To
- 5. James Spader Reveals What Made Him Decide to Do The Blacklist
- 6. First Teaser for Supernatural's Final Season Marks The Woman in White's Return
- 7. Felicity Huffman Sentenced to Two Weeks in Jail For College Cheating Scandal