A former teen model, this Texas-born actress landed her star-making part on Gilmore Girls after just one year of college. As the pretty and precocious Rory, Bledel earned legions of fans. The big screen soon beckoned, and the blue-eyed beauty found success with The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants and its sequel, which were based on popular young-adult novels. While on Gilmore Girls, she began dating costar Milo Ventimiglia, though that relationship eventually ended in 2006. Upon the end of Gilmore Girls in 2007, Bledel admitted she was not eager to make a commitment to doing another television series for quite some time, because the work was "all-consuming." She instead focused on films and also returned to modeling, signing with IMG in 2009.
- Her first language is Spanish; she didn't learn English until she started school.
- Her mother is Mexican; her father, Argentinian.
- Took acting classes when she was 8 as a way to overcome her shyness.
- Began modeling at age 14, traveling to Milan and Tokyo for shows.
- Her profile rose with her role as Rory Gilmore in the Gilmore Girls series (2000-07) and her movie portrayal of Lena in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005) and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (2008).
- In an Entertainment Weekly article about the end of Gilmore Girls, she admitted the show's famous fast-paced dialogue often had her "exhausted" and that "It burns you out."
- Appeared in the 2009 series finale of ER.
- Made a return to modeling by signing with IMG in 2009.
- 2006, Critics' Choice Awards — Best Acting Ensemble: Nominee
- 2017, Emmy — Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series: Winner
- 2018, Emmy — Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Nominee
- Milo Ventimiglia — Ex-significant Other
- Martin Bledel — Father
- Eric David Bledel — Brother
- Nanette — Mother
- Vincent Kartheiser — Husband
- Attended New York University, New York, New York, United States