The New Adventures of Madeline 1995 | TV Show Watchlist
The exploits of the French schoolgirl, her classmates and best friend, Pepito. Based on the children's books by Ludwig Bemelmans, the series aired on the Family Channel in 1993 prior to this short-lived revival.
Premiered: September 9, 1995
Latest Full EpisodesSee all »
When Lord Cucuface becomes suddenly indisposed, Madeline takes over his mission to impress some American tourists who are potential donors to the girls' school. She tells them that she is a famous tour guide, and finds she must lie more and more as she takes the eccentric couple around the Louvre, until they are all hopelessly lost and she is forced to come clean and tell the truth.
When Miss Clavel brings in a "method" acting teacher to direct the girls in a play, Madeline is sure she will get the leading role. Disappointed when given supporting roles (as trees) Madeline and her friends plan to boycott the play, until Madeline discovers that even small part can be important and fun, and that the girl who won the lead really deserved the part.
Nicole is embarrassed when she is asked to read a letter from her aunt, and it is revealed that her reading skills aren't as developed as the other girls. It turns out that her aunt has sent tickets to her and the girls to go to Africa. With Lord Cucuface tagging along, Miss Clavel and the girls join Nicole's aunt for a safari. There, they meet a friendly little gorilla named Rosie, and thru her, Nicole learns that she shouldn't be ashamed of being a late bloomer.
Madeline and the girls play matchmaker and are invited to be in the resulting wedding. However, Madeline's feelings are hurt when Pepito starts ignoring her, not knowing that he's being ruthlessly teased by his cousin Pablito for "liking a girl". When she learns the truth, she convinces them it's okay for them to be just friends.
Cast & Details See all »
- Premiered: September 9, 1995
- Rating: None
- User Rating:
- Premise: The exploits of the French schoolgirl, her classmates and best friend, Pepito. Based on the children's books by Ludwig Bemelmans, the series aired on the Family Channel in 1993 prior to this short-lived revival. (more)
Trending TonightSee all »
By Mill Creek EntertainmentBuy New: $4.80
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2
- 5. Wayward Pines: Where Paradise Is Home
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. The Blacklist: Tom Connolly