The Life of Mammals 2002 | TV Show Watchlist
An examination of mammals includes their diversity, adaptability, social behavior and geographic distribution.
Premiered: November 20, 2002
Latest Full EpisodesSee all »
The last program of the series sees David Attenborough compare the foraging skills of humans with those of our distant relatives, the great apes. As bipedal mammals, humans have come to dominate their surroundings and evolved with larger brains.
To get close to the tree top creatures, David Attenborough must climb into the canopy. Some unfamiliar animals, including the Indian slender ioris and the fossa, Madagascar's largest arboreal predator, are filmed for the first time in the wild.
As the first signs of life left its watery environment for dry land the race was on in the search for food. After millions of years the competition to survive made some mammals take one of the greatest steps in evolution – they returned to the water.
Omnivorous mammals are generalists with their diet and equipped with very specialized skills. David Attenborough witnesses the feeding secrets of the raccoon, the babirusa pig and skunks, and shows how they perform astonishing feats to stay alive.
Cast & Details See all »
- Premiered: November 20, 2002
- Rating: TV-G
- User Rating:
- Premise: An examination of mammals includes their diversity, adaptability, social behavior and geographic distribution. (more)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 5. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. The Blacklist: Tom Connolly