The Impressionists 2007 | TV Show Watchlist
A three-part speculative drama about French impressionist painter Claude Monet recalling his training in Paris during the 1860s. The series is based on interviews and the personal journals of Monet.
Premiered: January 1, 2007
Latest Full EpisodesSee all »
Waldemar looks in considerable depth at the work of Georges Seurat, taking into consideration his academic training at the Beaux-Arts School in Paris and the artists that influenced him, such as Piero della Francesca and Puvis de Chavannes.
Waldemar Januszczak continues his investigation of the Impressionists, focusing this time on the people they painted and in particular the subjects of Degas, Caillebotte and the often forgotten Impressionist women artists.
Waldemar Januszczak continues his investigation of the Impressionists by taking us outdoors to their most famous locations. Although Impressionist pictures often look sunny and relaxed, achieving this peaceful air was hard work.
Delve into the back stories of four of the most influential Impressionists - Pissarro, Monet, Renoir and Bazille, who together laid the foundations of the artistic movement.
Cast & Details See all »
- Premiered: January 1, 2007
- Rating: TV-PG
- User Rating:
- Premise: A three-part speculative drama about French impressionist painter Claude Monet recalling his training in Paris during the 1860s. The series is based on interviews and the personal journals of Monet. (more)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life