Season 15, Episode 1 Jimmy Carter: Jimmy Who?
First Aired: November 11, 2002
An evocative two-part profile of Jimmy Carter explores how his career has been shaped by what former speechwriter Hendrik Hertzberg calls his “moral ideology.” Produced by Adriana Bosch ( “American Experience” biographies of Reagan and Grant), the film features comments by Carter's wife, Rosalynn, and son Chip, as well as historians, former Vice President Walter Mondale and a number of key Carter aides. Part 1ends just after the 1976 campaign, which put Carter in the White House. He was, says Hertzberg, “exactly what the American people would say they want.” Linda Hunt narrates.
Cast & Details See all »
- Premiered: October 4, 1988
- Rating: TV-PG
- User Rating:
- Premise: This much-honored PBS documentary series explores American history, one topic or person at a time. Its Peabody Award winners include profiles of FDR and Malcolm X, and such diverse topics as Nixon's 1972 trip to China, the controversy surrounding `Citizen… (more)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Wayward Pines: Where Paradise is Home
- 5. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. The Blacklist: Tom Connolly