Is there anything better than Evil Sammy? The demon that inhabited Meg (not the Yellow-eyed Demon but his "daughter") is back and has taken over the youngest Winchester. Jared seemed to have so much fun playing possessed, didn't he? One minute, he got to be a Sam that's "scared" about what's happened to him. The next minute, he's full-on, 100-percent bad to the bone. He not only killed a hunter, but he chugged malt liquor
and smoked menthols. Yup, he's bad. I just think that Jared had to relish the different levels of intensity Sam was put through. It showed, and he did such a great job. Although, Jared always does a great job when he gets to go evil. Just check out "Asylum" and even that little taste we got of evil Sammy in "Bloody Mary." But he outdid himself in "Born Under a Bad Sign." Speaking of "Aslyum," Sam shot his brother again. This time it wasn't rock salt and the gun wasn't unloaded. That was a real bullet that connected with Dean's shoulder.
Poor Dean. Sammy was gone for an entire week - he must have been freaking out. After Sam called him and let him know where he was, he had to put his fear aside and slip into big-brother mode. It was great seeing Dean's reaction to the things Sammy had been doing while he was away. But, at the same time, it was heartbreaking to see his helplessness. It was his refusal to believe that Sammy would do any of the things they were discovering he did that was really touching. Dean may not have faith in a higher power, but he does have tremendous faith in his brother. A benefit of having one of the brothers possessed - we get to learn more about how messed in the head Dean really is. And Meg/Sam just had to remind Dean that he doesn't want to be alone, and for kicks and giggles, reminded Dean that he couldn't save Dad. That had to hurt.
Meg's demon finally climbed back out of hell to try to get her revenge on, since Dean's the one that sent her there in the first place. I always wondered what had happened to this particular demon after "Devil's Trap." Meg knew just how to hurt Dean. She took Sam from him multiple times. She also tried so hard to get Dean to shoot Sam, to the point where Meg/Sam even placed the gun in Dean's hand. She forced him to hurt a woman (Jo), thinking that the viciousness of this act would warrant Dean taking Sam down. But Dean couldn't do it. At first I thought this whole thing was going to be about the Yellow-eyed Demon. I liked the fact that it was his spawn.
"You're about the last person I expected to see." Before I saw Alona Tal's credit at the beginning of the episode, she was the last one I thought I'd see. I knew she was going to be back at some point, I just didn't realize it was going to be for "Born Under a Bad Sign." I liked her scenes with Jared, even though they got way intense there for a little bit. That Jared can sure use his size in such a menacing way. And, was that whole conversation about Jo liking Dean a shout-out to fans or what? You be the judge: "'Cause you see, Dean.... He likes you, sure. But not in the way you want. Maybe as kind of a little sister, you know, but... romance? That's just out of the question! He kind of thinks you're a schoolgirl, you know?" I loved how Jo patched Dean up after getting shot. I wonder if that's the last time we'll see Jo?
Sam remembers some of what went down while he was not in control of his body. That must have given him an unfortunate taste of what might be coming down the pike should the Demon's plan come to fruition. Also, when "Sam" told Dean he'd been feeling anger and rage for weeks, was he lying there? I can never tell when those demons are lying.
Other incoherent thoughts:
- I wish this episode had been two hours so we could have seen more of everything. More of Dean looking for Sammy during that week he was gone. More of Dean trying to track down Sammy after he conked him over the head with the gun and took off. More of the exorcism scene. More, more, more.
- I want to know how Bobby came up with that solution for getting rid of "Meg" - things seemed impossible, and then all of a sudden Bobby set a hot poker on the binding link that was on Sam's arm. He came up with that too quickly, especially when a second before Bobby claimed he had no idea how to unlock the link. And no explanation came after Sam was de-possessed.
- Dean spent the entire episode worrying about Sam and trying to come up with a way to save him and not kill him. But when Sam finally comes out of it, all he has are jokes for Dean. How about a little sympathy for Dean's pain? He kept getting left behind; he got shot; dumped in a lake; thrown into some bookshelves; and got a serious beat down. By his own brother! Not to mention, there was the emotional pain of the demon reminding him how broken he really is. I'm just saying, a little TLC from Sammy would go a long way. Although I totally dug Dean punching out a no-longer possessed Sam.
- Was Meg/Sam lying about the way Bill died?
- I'm so glad Sam and Dean actually wiped their prints off crime scenes this time around.
- It was difficult to watch "Sam" kill that hunter on that tape, wasn't it? I kind of had to look away for a second there.
- "We've got to treat this like any other job. What's the last thing you remember?" Doesn't this sound like dialogue from "Home"? I haven't watched "Home" in ages, yet I still remember dialogue from the episode. I need help.
- Love Bobby slipping Sammy the holy water-laced beer. Bobby rocks. Love seeing Jim Beaver back in the realm of
- Total flashbacks of "Devil's Trap," except with Jared in the chair instead of Nicki Aycox. And Bobby in the Latin-speaking role instead of Sammy.
- Not only do Sam and Dean have the Demon after them, but the Feds and now probably hunters, too. Things never get easier for these two.
- Bobby gave them charms that fend off possession. So does that mean no more possessed brothers this season? Boo.
- Dean was shot in the shoulder and received a good beating. But he still drove the Impala at the end of the episode. I know Sammy had just been through an ordeal, but couldn't he have driven? Have we seen Sammy behind the wheel since it's been restored?
- Was that a crazy preview for next week or what? I have no idea what to expect.
- "You checked in two days ago under the name "Richard Sambora." Although I think the scariest part about this whole thing is the fact that you're a Bon Jovi fan." "Dean."
- "This guy. You drinking malt liquor?" "After he whipped a bottle at my head!" "This guy." "What am I speaking, Urdu?"
- "What? Yeah. Justin's quite the triple threat."
- "My daddy shot you're daddy in the head." "How could you know that?" "I hear things."
- "What's the matter with you, Dean? Are you that scared of being alone that you'd rather let Jo die!"
- "One look at Sammy's dewy sensitive eyes, they'll let me right in the door."
- "Dean. Back from the dead. Getting to be a regular thing for you, isn't it? Like a cockroach."
- "Be careful now. Wouldn't want to bruise this fine packaging."
- "Whatever I do to you is nothing compared to what you do to yourself. I can see it in your eyes, Dean. You're worthless. You couldn't save your Dad. And deep down, you know you can't save your brother. They would have been better off without you."
- "The demon's still out there. This'll stop it from getting back up in there." "That sounds vaguely dirty, but, thanks." "You're welcome."
- "If it's the last thing I do, I'm going to save you."
- "You like full-on had a girl like inside you for a week. Pretty naughty."
Is there anything better than Evil Sammy The demon that inhabited Meg not the Yellow-eyed Demon but his daughter is back and has taken over the youngest Winchester Jared seemed to have so much fun playing possessed didnt he One minute he got to be a Sam thats scared about whats happened to him The next minute hes full-on 100-percent bad to the bone He not only killed a hunter but he chugged malt liquor and smoked menthols Yup hes bad I just think that Jared had to relish the different levels of intensity Sam was put through It showed and he did such a great job Although Jared always does a great job when he gets to go evil Just check out Asylum and even that little taste we got of evil Sammy in Bloody Mary But he outdid himself in Born Under a Bad Sign Speaking of Aslyum Sam shot his brother again This time it wasnt rock salt and the gun wasnt unloaded That was a real bullet that connected with Deans shoulder Poor Dean Sammy was gone fo