Season 13, Episode 2 Make Up Your Mind!
First Aired: October 15, 2002
“Make Up Your Mind” explores how the human brain's frontal lobes “shape who we are and how we go about our lives,” says host Alan Alda, whose own lobes get a workout during experiments on mental dexterity and decisionmaking. (Alda does okay, but not great). The hour also observes preschoolers being tested on the development of their frontal lobes; looks at how the brain handles moral dilemmas (included here is an illustrative clip from the series finale of “M*A*S*H”); and follows a young woman who's blindfolded for 100 hours. Her other senses quickly pick up the slack.
Cast & Details See all »
- Rating: TV-G
- User Rating:
- Premise: Science, technology and nature are examined with insight, humor and an eye on the practical, with smartly paced reports on such subjects as the big-bang theory, robots, the relationship between stress and illness, and whether we are alone in the universe.… (more)
Trending TonightSee all »
By Pbs (Direct)Buy New: $14.99
- 1. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 2. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 5. America's Got Talent: Season 10 Premiere
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia