Season 23, Episode 1 Food, Inc.
First Aired: April 21, 2010
Season 23 gets underway with Robert Kenner's provocative "Food, Inc.," which examines the U.S. food industry and how its practices impact consumer health, worker safety and the environment. The doc features footage of meat-packing operations and includes remarks from farmers, food-industry workers and consumer advocates, as well as Eric Schlosser ("Fast Food Nation"), Michael Pollan ("The Omnivore's Dilemma") and such practitioners of organic farming as Joel Salatin (Virginia's Polyface Farms).
Cast & Details See all »
- Premiered: July 5, 1988
- Rating: None
- User Rating:
- Premise: This acclaimed, long-running documentary series is a showcase for independent films on a wide variety of subjects, from the heartwarming (`Sweet Old Song,' about a 91-year-old musician) to the whimsical (`The Sweetest Sound,' a study of names) to the contr… (more)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2