Season 37, Episode 8 What Are Dreams?
First Aired: November 24, 2009
Possible purposes of dreams are explored via the work of neuroscientists and sleep researchers, who employ neurological and psychological experiments to learn what dreams are and why they occur. The investigation includes MIT's Matthew Wilson, who "eavesdrops" on the minds of sleeping rats, and explains how scientists try to do the same with humans.
Cast & Details See all »
- Premiered: March 3, 1974
- Rating: None
- User Rating:
- Premise: PBS's premier science-documentary series, which has won six Peabody Awards and more than 20 Emmys (four in 2002 alone) since its 1974 debut. `Nova' clearly, and often engagingly, `demystifies' a vast range of science, technology and history topics---past a… (more)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life