Season 8, Episode 4 Do We Really Need the Rockies?
First Aired: October 28, 1980
Exploring potential ecological problems of mining shale oil in the Rockies. The report surveys a region of western Colorado that's believed to contain a reserve of 1.8 trillion barrels. A plant could produce 50,000 gallons of oil a day, but it could also leave 20 million tons of waste rock each year.
Cast & Details See all »
- Premiered: March 3, 1974
- Rating: None
- User Rating:
- Premise: PBS's premier science-documentary series, which has won six Peabody Awards and more than 20 Emmys (four in 2002 alone) since its 1974 debut. `Nova' clearly, and often engagingly, `demystifies' a vast range of science, technology and history topics---past a… (more)
Trending TonightSee all »
By Hal LeonardBuy New: $15.29
Beginning Jazz Bass: How to Create Jazz Bass Lines Including Two-Feel, Walking Bass, Bossa Nova, Ballads, Fills & More!
By Musicians Institute PressBuy New: $16.60
By Temple University PressBuy New: $30.78
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life