An Emmy-winning, richly photographed and reported exploration of the world's natural wonders, produced by the National Geographic Society. In June 2003, it took the title `National Geographic Ultimate Explorer,' adding culture and politics to the mix. In J (more…)
Latest Full EpisodesSee all »
It is potentially one of the greatest archaeological discoveries in the history of Christianity., the ruins of one of the oldest monasteries in Europe. Here, under the location where the altar once stood, scientists have dug up an exquisite marble box holding what they believe to be the bones of John the Baptist, the man who baptized Jesus. If the date of the bones lines up with the Bible's profile of John, could it finally solve the mystery of what happened to his remains after his beheading, 2,000 years ago?
In a mere three or four decades, the seeds of a global religion spread across the Roman Empire. In an age with no Internet, no mass media, no planes, trains or fossil fuel, how did it happen? National Geographic investigates the mysterious decades following Jesus' death, and the group of 12 common men who traveled thousands of miles, risked their lives and sacrificed everything to spread Jesus' message.
The year 2011 gets off to a disturbing start. On New Year's Eve, blackbirds die in Beebe, Arkansas by the thousands. Nearby, fish and more birds perish. Then a wave of unsettling animal deaths seems to sweep the globe. Are the deaths connected? A wide-ranging story begins with an investigation of the blackbirds' death and ends by assessing how the human mind is inspired, or derailed, by seeming patterns or coincidences in nature.
Using the wealth, culture and seized bounty of Mexican drug traffickers - narco bling - as a jumping off point, correspondent Mariana van Zeller explores the strange and dangerous netherworld of the largest and most successful of the Mexican drug cartels, led by one of the world's most wanted criminals.
Cast & Details See all »
- Rating: TV-PG
- User Rating:
- Premise: An Emmy-winning, richly photographed and reported exploration of the world's natural wonders, produced by the National Geographic Society. In June 2003, it took the title `National Geographic Ultimate Explorer,' adding culture and politics to the mix. In J… (more)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Wayward Pines: The Truth
- 2. Celebrity Family Feud: Anthony Anderson vs Toni Braxton and Monica Potter vs Curtis Stone
- 3. The Astronaut Wives Club: Launch
- 4. Beauty and the Beast: Primal Fear
- 5. The Blacklist: Lord Baltimore No. 104
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'll Remember
- 7. Game of Thrones: A Day in the Life