Season 1, Episode 4 Brother, Can You Spare a Dream?
First Aired: November 22, 2010
The years 1929-41 are examined, when, after the advent of sound movies, stage-trained actors were suddenly in vogue and among the early breakthrough stars were James Cagney, Bette Davis, Clark Gable, Katharine Hepburn and Edward G. Robinson. During the Great Depression, musicals proved to be great escapist fare and the Fred Astaire-Ginger Rogers films were the tops.
Cast & Details See all »
- Premiered: November 1, 2010
- Rating: None
- User Rating:
- Premise: A seven-part study of the Hollywood film industry from the 1890s to 1970. (more)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. A.D. The Bible Continues: The First Martyr
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. Jane The Virgin: Chapter Twenty-One