Season 33, Episode 1 I Can't Believe It's Schoenberg!
First Aired: January 10, 2008
Season 33 opens with an exploration of Arnold Schoenberg's "Verklärte Nacht," featuring remarks from the Lincoln Center's "What Makes It Great?" series creator-host Rob Kapilow and a performance by the center's Chamber Music Society, including violinists Erin Keefe and Arnaud Sussmann, violists David Kim and Teng Li and cellists David Finckel and Priscilla Lee. Included: the piece's orgins as a Richard Dehmel poem.
Cast & Details See all »
- Premiered: January 30, 1976
- Rating: TV-G
- User Rating:
- Premise: Classical selections, dance, opera, jazz and other music from New York's Lincoln Center. Winner of numerous Emmys and two Peabody Awards, it's one of TV's most durable cultural showcases. In 1976, the year of its debut, it featured the first live telecasts… (more)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 6. Scandal: You Can't Take Command
- 7. Empire: Pilot