Life in Cold Blood 2008 | TV Show Watchlist
Reptiles and amphibians are examined.
Premiered: April 13, 2008
Latest Full EpisodesSee all »
The intimate lives of some of the largest and most impressive animals alive today - crocodiles, turtles and tortoises - are revealed in this final program. All of them are covered in thick scales that have turned into armor, yet, despite their tough exteriors, these animals are capable of astonishing behavior and warm-hearted interaction.
David Attenborough examines the fascinating lives of the most misunderstood group of reptiles - the snakes - and reveals that their simplistic body design has contributed to their success.
From iguanas emerging out of a tropical swamp to a face-to-face encounter with a monitor lizard in the Australian desert, David Attenborough traces the lizards' colonisation of the Earth as they ultimately became the Dragons Of The Dry.
Among chorusing frogs in Panama, Sir David Attenborough asks how amphibians first managed to invade the land. The Australian lungfish, an ancient relative of the amphibians that can breathe air, and the giant Japanese salamander, one of the largest amphibians on Earth, give vital clues about their first tentative steps.
Cast & Details See all »
- Premiered: April 13, 2008
- Rating: TV-G
- User Rating:
- Premise: Reptiles and amphibians are examined. (more)
Trending TonightSee all »
By BBC Home EntertainmentBuy New: $19.99
By BBC Home EntertainmentBuy New: $67.06
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. A.D. The Bible Continues: The First Martyr
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. Jane The Virgin: Chapter Twenty-One