Season 21, Episode 19 Public Schools, Inc.
First Aired: July 3, 2003
"Public Schools, Inc." explores the career of Chris Whittle, founder of Edison Schools, the for-profit company that manages public schools around the country. The trouble is, Edison hasn't been making a profit, and "there's a real question as to whether the model itself is flawed," says reporter John Merrow. Merrow and New York Times business writer Diana B. Henriques profile Whittle and chart Edison's problems in Philadelphia, Chester, Pa. and Wichita (and its successes in Baltimore).
Cast & Details See all »
- Premiered: January 1, 1983
- Rating: None
- User Rating:
- Premise: PBS's primary public-affairs documentary series, `Frontline' focuses on one (usually timely) topic each program. Overseen since its inception by executive producer David Fanning, it has been honored regularly over the years, winning 34 DuPont-Columbia awar… (more)
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Wayward Pines: Do Not Discuss Your Life Before
- 5. The Voice: Live Finale, Part 2
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: I'm Thinking of You All the While
- 7. The Blacklist: Tom Connolly