All right, major bonus points for the not-so-happy ending. Logan got his, the world is safe once again, and Jack Bauer well, he's in a bit of a pickle, thanks to all those untied loose ends from Day 4. As finales go, I'm pretty satisfied - it's no disappearing into the sunset, a man on the run, but it's certainly got me jonesing for January. And in honor of two full primetime hours of me going "wait... what?" - I present to you now, 24 Questions about
88 Minutes of Damn Good TV.
1. Is it just me, or did this finale feature a shocking lack of stuff blowing up?
2. How old is Petty Officer Rooney? (I wasn't aware tweenagers could enlist.)
3. Jack's scissor-leg neck snap: the coolest possible way Bierko could have died, or a tad too Bart Conner for our stout little hero?
4. Is Henderson really dead or merely faking?
5. Where the hell is Wayne Palmer?
6. Why didn't Agent Pierce follow Jim Halpert's lead and just kiss the girl, damn it?
7. Novick watches the Fox News broadcast on his Sprint video phone: spectacular corporate synergy or soul-sucking product placement?
8. Martha got her just deserts, but who's a little disappointed that she never got to open up a can of whoop-ass on her dear old hubby?
9. Speaking of which, who gives better reaction shots than Gregory Itzin?
10. And the wire-tapped pen: would President Logan really fall for something that's even too obvious for Vinnie Van Lowe? (Yep, that's a
Veronica Mars reference. Deal with it.)
11. Chloe was
married? (Where's Long Duk Dong when you need him? "Married! Geez!")
12. I take it this means Spenser's got no shot?
13. Jean Smart vs. Mary Lynn Rajskub: should any other supporting actresses even bother to
enter the Emmy race this year?
14. Post-traumatic sparks between Karen Hayes and Bill Buchanan? Seriously?
15. Was Audrey barefoot at the end, or does she just have really flesh-colored shoes?
16. So then Kim
didn't call Daddy?
17. Doesn't Jack know that if you utter the words "I'll be right back" to your lady love, the Chinese are literally required by law to abduct you and beat you within an inch of your life?
18. And why is Jack too valuable for the Chinese to kill?
19. How come all the dead guys got a shout-out except
20. And who teared up at the Chloe and Edgar photo? (Yeah, that's what I thought.)
21. What does "President Hal Gardner" mean for Day 6?
22. So who
are the mystery Bluetooth guys that were pulling Logan's strings?
23. Where the hell is Curtis Manning?
24. And most importantly, how long does it take an ocean freighter to get from L.A. to China?
Here endeth my queries for now - but we've got seven long months to keep coming up with more.
All right major bonus points for the not-so-happy ending Logan got his the world is safe once again and Jack Bauer well hes in a bit of a pickle thanks to all those untied loose ends from Day 4 As finales go Im pretty satisfied its no disappearing into the sunset a man on the run but its certainly got me jonesing for January And in honor of two full primetime hours of me going wait what I present to you now 24 Questions about 88 Minutes of Damn Good TV1 Is it just me or did this finale feature a shocking lack of stuff blowing up2 How old is Petty Officer Rooney I wasnt aware tweenagers could enlist3 Jacks scissor-leg neck snap the coolest possible way Bierko could have died or a tad too Bart Conner for our stout little hero 4 Is Henderson really dead or merely faking5 Where the hell is Wayne Palmer 6 Why didnt Agent Pierce follow Jim Halperts lead and just kiss the girl damn it7 Novick watches the Fox News broadcast