PBS's premier science-documentary series, which has won six Peabody Awards and more than 20 Emmys (four in 2002 alone) since its 1974 debut. `Nova' clearly, and often engagingly, `demystifies' a vast range of science, technology and history topics---past a (more…)
Premiered: March 3, 1974
Season 4, Episode 3 What Price Coal?
First Aired: January 19, 1977
“What Price Coal?” an examination of mine safety, claims that light penalties and a shortage of inspectors make it difficult to enforce many regulations of the 1969 Coal Mine Health and Safety Act. Also noted: the link between black-lung disease and coal dust; the industry's use of safety measures such as adequate mine lighting.
Trending TonightSee all »
By Hal LeonardBuy New: $11.99
Beginning Jazz Bass: How to Create Jazz Bass Lines Including Two-Feel, Walking Bass, Bossa Nova, Ballads, Fills & More!
By Musicians Institute PressBuy New: $15.82
By Temple University PressBuy New: $32.40
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative