Latest Full EpisodesSee all »
As winter arrives along South Africa's east coast the inshore waters cool, drawing billions of sardines northwards from the Cape to feed on the plankton-rich soup. The Sardine Run is the greatest marine spectacle on the planet, attracting an awe inspiring cast of ocean predators. Mega pods of common dolphins and greedy brydes whales feast on the sardines as gannets rain down from above.
Each year over a million wildebeest and zebra invade the Serengeti grasslands making it a paradise for the predators that live there. But what happens when the herds move off again? We follow the moving story of one lion family's struggle to survive until the return of the great migration. The Ntudu pride has seven cubs and is already suffering as the wildebeest leave to find fresh pastures. As weeks turn to months, the pride members become more emaciated and frailer. Then finally as the herds begin to return, the plains reveal one final secret.
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. Pretty Little Liars: EscApe from New York