PBS's signature (and multi-award-winning) natural-history series uses gifted wildlife documentarians and stunning photography to reveal what its first host, Donald Johanson, called `the magic and mystery of the fascinating natural world.' The series has ga (more…)
Premiered: October 10, 1982
Season 24, Episode 2 Can Animals Predict Disaster?
First Aired: November 13, 2005
An examination of whether animals can sense impending natural disasters. The program looks at animal behavior preceding the Indian Ocean tsunami; and features comments from elephant trainer Aniwat Jongkit, whose family operates an elephant-riding center in Thailand; conservation biologist Ravi Corea (Sri Lanka Wildlife Conservation Society); Dr. Motoji Ikeya, professor emeritus of Osaka University; and Dr. Caitlin O'Connell-Rodwell of Stanford.
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. American Idol: Top 9 Perform
- 7. Neighbors With Benefits: Welcome To The Neighborhood