My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding 2010 | TV Show Watchlist
A portrait of Irish Traveller and Roma communities in Britain, focusing on the often-misunderstood groups' rite-of-passage events, including weddings, communions and christenings.
Premiered: February 18, 2010
Latest Full EpisodesSee all »
A one-off special, "My Bigger Fatter Gypsy Wedding" features the biggest Traveller wedding of the year with dressmaker Thelma Madine as event planner.
For generations, traveller celebrations have been a family affair. In this episode we meet the Mcfadyens, a large Irish traveller family in the midst of a series of celebrations.
In this episode we witness a community at a cross roads, as the battle to preserve the gypsy and traveller way of life intensifies. Will the future tear their culture apart, or do they have a place together in the modern world?
For Gypsies and Travellers, a clean family name is crucial, and the consequences of losing it are devastating. After causing a scandal by spending time alone with her boyfriend, Rosanne is rushed up the aisle to save her reputation.
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Dance Moms: Mackenzie's Time to Shine
- 5. Empire: Pilot
- 6. Married at First Sight: The Weddings
- 7. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia