Trading comedy for drama, the gruff newsman from `The Mary Tyler Moore Show' made a new start as the city editor of a Los Angeles daily. Sometimes tackling controversial subjects (among them, child abuse and gun control) and portraying newspaper journalism (more…)
Premiered: September 20, 1977
Latest NewsSee all »
Latest Full EpisodesSee all »
Investigating allegations that a motorcycle being marketed to young people is unsafe, Rossi is offered proof by a whistle blower at the company, but Mrs. Pynchon refuses on principle to pay the $4000 he wants for the documents.
Francie Fitzgerald, whom Lou thinks is an Irish colleague, turns out to be a gunrunner for the IRA. The reporters of the Tribune learn more about the "Troubles" and Art gets annoyed when people think his Irish ancestry makes him an expert on the matter.
Lou has to decide how to handle a co-worker's drinking problem. Mrs. Pynchon gets courted by a group of prominent businessmen, who have a secret agenda.
After the theft of Mrs. Pynchon's dog Barney, the Tribune looks into the underreported problem of dogfighting. Rossi goes undercover to catch an interstate dogfighting ring.
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative