A pompous, scheming deacon clashes with a new minister over the running of a Philadelphia church in this popular sitcom. The series was a follow-up hit for Sherman Hemsley, who, a year earlier, had finished a 10-year run on 'The Jeffersons.'
Premiered: September 27, 1986
Season 1, Episode 12 Frye for the Defense
First Aired: November 21, 1987
A fund-raiser becomes a comedy of errors, replete with rigged games, tainted salad---and a lawsuit against the church. Sherman Hemsley. Dexter: Jason Bernard. Amelia: Roz Ryan. Casietta: Barbara Montgomery.
Trending TonightSee all »
By Hal LeonardBuy New: $15.22
By Fox Home EntertainmentBuy New: $21.05
By Alfred MusicBuy New: $4.99
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative