A pompous, scheming deacon clashes with a new minister over the running of a Philadelphia church in this popular sitcom. The series was a follow-up hit for Sherman Hemsley, who, a year earlier, had finished a 10-year run on 'The Jeffersons.'
Premiered: September 27, 1986
Season 4, Episode 11 Sergeant in Arms
First Aired: December 9, 1989
Conclusion. Fearing he's lost Thelma to Sgt. Burke, Rev. Gregory puts up a fight when she comes home on a weekend pass with the sergeant in tow. Gen. Babcock: Paul Kent. Thelma: Anna Maria Horsford. Rev. Gregory: Clifton Davis.
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 3. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 6. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative