A pompous, scheming deacon clashes with a new minister over the running of a Philadelphia church in this popular sitcom. The series was a follow-up hit for Sherman Hemsley, who, a year earlier, had finished a 10-year run on 'The Jeffersons.'
Premiered: September 27, 1986
Season 2, Episode 11 The Twelve Songs of Christmas
First Aired: December 19, 1987
The Deacon feuds with church members over which song the choir will sing in the Christmas songfest. Lorenzo: Franklyn Seales. Leola: Rosetta LeNoire. Dr. Philips: Lynn Hamilton.
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. Dancing With The Stars: Week 1
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage