A 12-hour 1985 miniseries about the rise of Christianity amid the grandeur---and decadence---of 1st-century Rome. This epic from producer Vincenzo Labella features a star-studded cast and picks up where his 1977 blockbuster `Jesus of Nazareth' left off.
Premiered: March 31, 1985
Season 1, Episode 5 A.D.
Conclusion. Murder, debauchery and bloody arena "games" mark the reign of Nero (Anthony Andrews)---capped by a fire that ravages Rome and an obsessive persecution of Christians. Peter: Denis Quilley. Tigellinus: Jonathan Hyde. Paul: Philip Sayer. Valerius: Neil Dickson. Caleb: Cecil Humphreys. Corinna: Diane Venora.
Trending TonightSee all »
By Sophia Institute PressBuy New: $10.52
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. Dancing With The Stars: Week 1
- 7. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage