A series of (originally just 30) documentary films on sports stories from ESPN's first 30 years (1979-2009). Subjects were selected by top filmmakers, including Barry Levinson, Morgan Freeman, Ron Shelton, Albert Maysles, Frank Marshall and Ice Cube.
Premiered: October 6, 2009
Season 1, Episode 5 Without Bias
First Aired: November 3, 2009
"Without Bias." Director Kirk Fraser examines the life and sudden death of basketball star Len Bias more than two decades after his 1986 passing from a cocaine overdose. Included are interviews with teammates, friends and family members of the one-time Maryland standout who died two days after being drafted by the Boston Celtics.
Trending TonightSee all »
- 1. Grey's Anatomy: Arizona & Alex: The First Flight
- 2. Desperate Housewives: Actors Picking up Character Traits
- 3. Mistresses: Toni Seduces Dom While Savi's Away
- 4. Empire: Pilot
- 5. Scandal: Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia
- 6. The Vampire Diaries: A Bird in a Gilded Cage
- 7. The Blacklist: The Longevity Initiative